Kashmir Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Musharaffs 4 point formula on J&K....Does it have any weight???

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Chinaar
Leading Member
Leading Member

Musharaffs 4 point formula on J&K....Does it have any weight??? Empty
PostSubject: Musharaffs 4 point formula on J&K....Does it have any weight???   Musharaffs 4 point formula on J&K....Does it have any weight??? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 2:46 am

Quote :
“The four point formula included a phased demilitarization of Kashmir, self governance/autonomy for J&K, followed by a joint supervision mechanism by both India and Pakistan for the region, as an ideal solution. This formula was close to Musharaffs heart but was never endorsed by either India or the hawks in J&K/India/Pakistan”

"Musharaff said both India and Pakistan would have to make compromises and be prepared to give up their positions held since 1948. His four-point solution also included no change in boundaries of Jammu & Kashmir and to make borders and the Line of Control irrelevant. In other words J&K would be a buffer zone between India and Pakistan but not completely independent"

Now majority of the Kashmiris and the hawks in both Pakistan/Kashmir vehemently opposed Musharaff on this formula and called it a total sell out to India. The Pakistan Taliban called him a traitor and Kashmiri leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani said that " Musharaff was the worst thing to ever happen to the KASHMIR STRUGGLE FOR SELF-DETERMINATION".

It was India(under the false belief that situation in J&K was absolutely normal) at the end which saved the day for all the hawks as it kept mum on the 4 point formula and therefore it died a sudden death.

Pro Indian politicians Omar Abdullah (National Conference) and Mehbooba Mufti (PDP) have both endorsed this formula. Omar has gone on record to say that India missed a golden opportunity by sleeping on this proposal.

So guys, let us discuss the pros and cons of the 4 point formula.........and see if it is or was the only workable solution for the whole of J&K.

Please note that extremist Indian views which quote Jammu & Kashmir (the one occupied by India) as atoot ang should not be entertained. The issue is to be discussed in its entirety i.e. THE WHOLE REGION OF J&K.
Back to top Go down
ABC_to_XYZ
Leading Member
Leading Member

PostSubject: Pakistan's Role.   Musharaffs 4 point formula on J&K....Does it have any weight??? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 11:58 am

If Freedom is what is desired,

I believe Kashmiris are equidistant from Pakistan, India and China

Then Mushraff's or India's ideas wont work, Kashmiris should be left alone from all the 3 players, Pakistan, India and China.

And Mushraff didnt talk about the Karakoram Tract which Pakistan gifted to China
And also not the Aksai Chin For which India fought and lost 1962 war
Back to top Go down
Chinaar
Leading Member
Leading Member

PostSubject: Musharaffs formula   Musharaffs 4 point formula on J&K....Does it have any weight??? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 8:49 pm

@ABC_to_XYZ

Quote :
If Freedom is what is desired. I believe Kashmiris are equidistant from Pakistan, India and China
Then Mushraff's or India's ideas wont work, Kashmiris should be left alone from all the 3 players, Pakistan, India and China.
[/quote]

I couldn't agree more. If all communities especially Kashmiri Pandits have to live safely in Kashmir again, then an Independent J&K is the best solution to all our problems.
Back to top Go down
ABC_to_XYZ
Leading Member
Leading Member

PostSubject: Re: Musharaffs 4 point formula on J&K....Does it have any weight???   Musharaffs 4 point formula on J&K....Does it have any weight??? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 9:06 pm

But The act are far off from the deeds.

I have posted more details for this stand in another thread, that how Kashmiri Struggle is bifurcated and not fully addressed and its solely targeted towards Indians and not Pakistanis or Chinese or fragments within.

I dont want to repeat myself here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Musharaffs 4 point formula on J&K....Does it have any weight???   Musharaffs 4 point formula on J&K....Does it have any weight??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Musharaffs 4 point formula on J&K....Does it have any weight???
Page 1 of 1