Kashmir Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kashmir Problem : Assesment by an Indian Sikh

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
rps4771

Kashmir Problem : Assesment by an Indian Sikh Empty
PostSubject: Kashmir Problem : Assesment by an Indian Sikh   Kashmir Problem : Assesment by an Indian Sikh Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 7:24 pm

Hi All

First of all, let me clarify something. I am a Sikh, and an Indian. And I have my roots in Kashmir - my ancestors are from Kashmir and so are lot of my friends - both Muslims and Kashmiri Pandits.

I have been pursuing Kashmir incidents since last 15 years. I have been visiting Kashmir at least once in 2 years and am in touch with all my friends there. Below is my personal analysis of the issues and how we should be looking to it.

Yes, Kashmir issue is global now. And honestly everyone wants a solution to this. But we need to shed our narrow mentality and try to be more open.

I think we left behind an era when geographies were really important. With Communication and collaboration being the key, the concept of geographies is fast diminishing and it is matter of time when we may not have countries and nations. There are talks of removing Visa and passport restrictions for moving around countries. A classic example is Europe which looks more like one country and borders really dont matter much.

Some things are sure and cant be changed. India will never allow Kashmir to be seperated. Kashmiris will never be content with India. Pakistan can never let go the Kashmir agenda. Then how will we solve this ??? Can there be a solution which is accepted and binding on all. Yes it is. And here is how it can be.

Let India itself change to a federal system. With states functioning more like self-supporting small nations. Let there be a common Currency, common Defence and common Flag. But Kashmir ( and for that matter other states also) be allowed to decide their own fate. Let them decide how they want to trade, how they want to attract investments. Let them use their internal resources to trade with other states as if they trade with other countries.

It it makes sense for Kashmiri business man to sell his products in Lahore rather than Delhi, let him do this. Similarly if a trader in Mumbai feel he has a market in Kashmir rather than Delhi, let him do that. Let the central govt only defend the country, control currency and matters of national interest. Let there be no Article 370 neither any restrictions to invest or live in any part of India.

If this happens, it will only make all of us more independent and more happy. Kashmiris can decide their fate and their route for trade. Similarly Jammu can decide on their methodology on how to use their resources.

Let their be no restriction or management of Amarnath yatra or even Hajj. Whoever wants to go, let him spend money and go. The state govt shd provide facilities in lieu of monetary compensation.

i am sure this is the only solution and we all know it is a matter of time before we have to forego the geographical and religous partitions. Whether it is Kashmir or Punjab or Assam, it has to happen one day. And no one can stop this. Better be ready for this.

Regds
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Kashmir Problem : Assesment by an Indian Sikh   Kashmir Problem : Assesment by an Indian Sikh Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 12:28 am

Welcome to the forum rps4771. Thankyou for the post.

Hope to hear more from you.
Admin
Back to top Go down
https://kashmir.forumakers.com
ABC_to_XYZ
Leading Member
Leading Member

PostSubject: In response to your suggestion   Kashmir Problem : Assesment by an Indian Sikh Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 2:33 am

I agree with your suggestion about free trade etc.

1. Under constitution State and Center have their roles, right and regulations.
Please go through the roles of state and Center and you will find that all states are by and large quite free to decide their business regulations, law and order and civic regulations.

2. Center or (Federal as you said) has different set of duties,

These differentiation is actually taught in 6-8th standard normally.

But we mostly tend to ignore or forget that.

Freedom has a price to pay which we have paid for hundreds years of foreign rule and We all have got out of it only 60 years ago.
Back to top Go down
Reporter
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostSubject: Re: Kashmir Problem : Assesment by an Indian Sikh   Kashmir Problem : Assesment by an Indian Sikh Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 5:06 am

Welcome to the forum ABC.

Fourm rules state that:

1. Posting same comments on multiple threads is not allowed.
2. Posting links to Wikipedia is not allowed as Wikipedia is not a reliable source.

Looking forward to more comments from you.
Welcome again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kashmir Problem : Assesment by an Indian Sikh   Kashmir Problem : Assesment by an Indian Sikh Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kashmir Problem : Assesment by an Indian Sikh
Page 1 of 1