Kashmir Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Omar Abdullah: "I couldnt make a difference"

Go down 
AuthorMessage
kshr

Omar Abdullah: "I couldnt make a difference" Empty
PostSubject: Omar Abdullah: "I couldnt make a difference"   Omar Abdullah: "I couldnt make a difference" Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 8:05 am

Quote :
CM’s confession: I couldn’t make difference

‘Code of conduct, elections hampered us’

Rising Kashmir News
Srinagar, May 03: Admitting that he could not make much difference in the State since talking over as the chief minister, Chief Minister Omar Abdullah Sunday promised that the State would witness a new era of peace and development after Lok Sabha elections.
“I admit that I could not do anything big since I took over the reigns of the State. But I promise that soon after Lok Sabha elections, the State will witness a new era of peace and development,” a local news gathering agency KNS quoted the chief minister as saying while addressing a gathering at Charar-e-Sharief. “The code of conduct and elections hampered the development works.”
The chief minister assured the people that besides providing jobs to unemployed youth, the government would ensure electricity, better roads and clean drinking water as promised before the assembly elections.
Abdullah said the tourism influx had decreased due to the assembly and Lok Sabha elections and rumours of Taliban arrival in Kashmir. “I hope tourists will visit in large number after Lok Sabha elections,” he said.
Taking a dig at Peoples Democratic Party Patron Mufti Muhammad Sayeed, Abdullah said Sayeed had ordered to stop the work on Baghlihar power project which cost State Rs 500 crore.
He said Sayeed had no right to ask people to come out of their home to exercise their franchise when he and his daughter themselves didn’t cast votes.
“PDP divided the State on communal lines,” the chief minister said.
He said even after remaining in the parliament for five years, Mahbooba Mufti never raised Kashmir issue there. “Only National Conference can raise Kashmir issue in the parliament,” Abdullah said.
Speaking on the occasion, Finance Minister Abdur Rahim Rather alleged that PDP promoted corruption in the State and tried to sell the State land to outsiders.

Code:
http://www.risingkashmir.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=12621&Itemid=1
Back to top Go down

Omar Abdullah: "I couldnt make a difference"
Page 1 of 1