HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Videos of Brutality by Indian Soldiers Occupying Kashmir

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Videos of Brutality by Indian Soldiers Occupying Kashmir   Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:54 pm

Indian Army Venting Frustration: Children Playing in a park become target

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Commments   Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:36 am

Comments are welcome. Why are Indians silent? Common comment on this now.

Request:- Please post videos in this category if you can find any.
Back to top Go down
Mukhtar

PostSubject: Re: Videos of Brutality by Indian Soldiers Occupying Kashmir   Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:28 pm

The atrocities on children is a hienous crime and highly condemnable

Last edited by Mukhtar on Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mukhtar

PostSubject: Re: Videos of Brutality by Indian Soldiers Occupying Kashmir   Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:50 pm

See Torture rape and killings of innocent kashmiris by Indin Forces

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Brutality   Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:02 am

Kashmiri Protestors Brutally Beaten To Pulp.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Brutality   Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:17 am

14-08-2008 Occupational Forces Beat Small KID..!!!!

Back to top Go down
sujatha

PostSubject: response to video showing police beating up kids in kashmir   Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:58 pm

i am an indian citizen . i am aware that state brutality against kashmiris has a long history but this is the first time i have seen visual evidence of it . i found myself unable to watch more than a few seconds of the video of the police beating up the kids. it did and does make me sick to my stomach. i am certain most of the people i will send this video link to will react similarly. the people i will be sending the link to are also indians - friends and relatives who have over the years and increasingly of late shared a sense of shame and anger over the use of violence by the indian state against the kashmiris. i was going to write "against co-citizes" when i realised that we who feel outraged by teh violence feel that way whether it be against co-citizens or others. such violence against other humans is unjustifiable and has to be stopped.i also realised that using the word co-citizens when it may not be the way many kashmiris view themselves would make my word an imposition of an unwanted identity.

returning to the subject of kashmir today, how can those of us who yearn to help stop such state violence do so ? and how do we start a dialogue unmediated by the state and mainline media on a personal level as individuals ? or would most kashmiris be too disillusioned by their experience with india to care for such a dialogue ? how can i / we help bring peace and the good life to the valley ?
sujatha
Back to top Go down
common K

PostSubject: Re: Videos of Brutality by Indian Soldiers Occupying Kashmir   Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:13 am

@sujatha

Thankyou for saying that.

just acknowleding the crimes is enough, atleast for me and other Kashmiris.
Back to top Go down
peace
Leading Member
Leading Member

PostSubject: @videos and sujata   Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:00 am

i think the idea of videos is brilliant and will show to the people not only in india but across the globe what indian media and the government did not wish to...
i totally agree with common k...if any person from indian side even acknowledges the fact that atrocities have been comited against kashmiris and continue even today it is more than enough for me coz of the fact that after all these years and number of inhuman incidences very few people realize that india can be at fault too...
i have lived in india for consecutive 7 years for my studies and i have come across unlimited people who have the idea of kashmir problem just as terrorism sponsered by pakistan..but when u try to explain it to them that it is a freedom struggle,practically many people have laughed on my face,some felt offensive,some just listened and very very rare people actually took it seriously and listened..kashmir is a serious issue but the problem is the lack of awareness amongst indian people about what the problem is..???
....i think this effort of all the kashmiris here to make the people of india understand that kashmiris are not terrorists but infact victims of terrorism by people in uniform and are not fighting just for land but for there basic human rights,there right to live and live with honour and dignity is a huge one....
regards to everyone...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: sujata   Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:12 am

I always believe it is the people of India who can help Kashmiris more than anybody else. We have seen for so many years now that despite knowing the facts about the valley, the international community and even UN has practically done nothing which would make our lives a little bit better. If we raise voice against the Indian army, it is not highlighted by the national media as a result of which the people in India remain ignorant about the facts of the valley. Moreover, lots of misinformation is spread by different agencies (including media) about Kashmir and Kashmiris due to which people consider us to be terrorists which has never been the case.

We want to tell the Indian people that we ae peace loving people and hate violence as much as you do. Our peaceful demos are labelled as violent protests and our youth is put behind the bars under various sections of the law.

You might be aware of the fact that over past one week we have been literally kept hostages inside our houses with barbed wires laid on the roads and outside streets. This is only because a number of demonstrations were held during a course of about one month, including one to the UN headquarters, in which millions of people participated and not a single case of violence was reported. Unfortunately about 50 people were also killed during and after these demos.

You might be thinking that I am exaggerating the facts. That is why
I would request you not to look towards only one side of the coin. If you want to know what is happening inside the valley do follow the local news papers as well. You will get the proof there. The national media might not give you the true picture of the facts as they also have to protect the image of the country.

Below is the link to the website of most popular news paper of the valley "Greater Kashmir"
www.greaterkashmir.com

What we need from people like you is to spread awareness among your near and dear ones and thus among all Indians. People have the ultimate power in a democracy. We want you to question your politicians and authorities and demand an explanation about what is going on in the valley.

I hope you will do whatever you can in this regard. At least spread the awareness.
Back to top Go down
sujatha

PostSubject: to common k, ather, guest - with thanks   Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:36 pm

to all of u above - common k , ather , guest - first i would like to wish ramadan mubarak
and then i would like to thank you for responding to my post. and for responding with such generosity ! your thanks i consider generous for i did nothing much to earn it . i hope u will believe me when i say that there are other indians i know personally who share in the sentiments i have expressed.

to the suggestions from u re raising awareness of the true situation - yes it did strike me that this would be the best first step. so after viewing your video last night i sent out the link to a few people and now i hope it will ripple out and reach more thru them.

so i was glad to read the response of 'guest' and ather today suggesting that i could help by spreading awareness on the issue of violence against kashmiris. to me this meant u trust indians to respond with empathy towards kashmiri civilians who have suffered from state violence. hopefully awareness will lead to empathy and empathy to ....steps that can help stop violence against civilians. wishes ? yes ...i know ...but ...it may.... work !

about alternate news sources u suggested ... i will be tapping into it certainly to gain information and perspective. if there are others - news /fora etc- please can u list them ? like jigsaw puzzles the more pieces in place the clearer the picture.

i will also be reading the mainline newspapers alongside and in this context i would like to say that there seems a tangible change in tone in reporting and commenting by some of the mainline newspapers re kashmir this time around. as an example the demands of the kashmiris has been reported by these as emanating from "the kashmiri people " the peoples' voice...not the voice of terrorists or of a negligible minority.
it is thanks to one of these papers that i found your site. i am glad thus far that i found it !
sujatha
Back to top Go down
peace
Leading Member
Leading Member

PostSubject: Fruit growers lose Rs 600 crore due to blockade, curfew   Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:13 am

greaterkashmir news....answer to those who claim that there is no highway blockade
Quote :
FAHEEM ASLAM

Srinagar, Aug 31: The economic blockade enforced by extremist groups in Jammu has caused a loss of whopping Rs 600 crores to fruit growers in the Valley, a leader of fruit growers committee said.
Bashir Ahmad Bhat, chairman of the Kashmir Coordination Committee, an apex body of the Kashmir Valley Fruit Growers and Dealers, said till August 30 the fruit growers have lost over Rs 600 crore due to economic blockade and stringent curfew imposed by the government.
“Due to the blockade about 65 to 70 percent of the sent outside the state to markets perished in trucks on the highway,” Bhat told Greater Kashmir, adding, “The fruit laden trucks were stranded on the highway for days together.”
Bhat said the rest of the fruit was destroyed because they couldn’t take care of the orchards due to curfew.
Rise in transportation costs due to blockade, as drivers apprehended damages to their vehicles, also added to the losses.
“Last year we would pay Rs 22 to 30 per box of fruit as transport charge from Valley to fruit Mandis, but this year we had to pay Rs 60 to 70,” he added.
Many fruit growers, who spoke to Greater Kashmir, said there was a sharp decrease in the number of trucks that carried fruit to Mandis.
“Had the government controlled the blockade in time, it could have saved us millions of rupees,” said Muhammad Abdullah Magray of Palhalan. He said government is yet to ensure smooth flow of traffic on the highway.
Back to top Go down
peace
Leading Member
Leading Member

PostSubject: change of opinions   Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:50 am

the crisis which started with land in sonmarg in may this year has brought a new life without any doubt in kashmir's freedom struggle...and the main factor is the missing gun here...
....the real struggle for freedom in kashmir started when people started to openly criticize the dogra maharaja's rule here...kiilings and kashmiris have choli daaman types relationship...during sikh rule population of kashmir valley was reduced from 8 lacs to 2.5 lacs..not to say that remaining were killed..some starved,some killed and majority migrated from opressive sikh rule and the same continued in dogra period too...
when people started the freedom struggle in kashmir against the indian state,we did not took up guns in our hands to start with..we started or rather tried politically and peacefully using all non-voilent means but got our leaders to be hanged in the process..shaheed maqbool bhat, the founder of JKLF was hanged in tihar jail on charges of killing a policemen which many,rather most of the people believe were framed against him..that was the time when nobody knew maqbool bhat in india as people remember umar farooq or geelani today..the reason was the absence of 24 hour news channels as compared to only doordarshan that time..that was the time when everything seemed normal and kashmir was known as a heaven on this earth..but i presume that was the silence before the storm...
finally when nothing worked people took up arms and fought the indian occupation..people started calling us terrorists and voilent people when they forgot about indian national army by subhash chandra bose or bhagat singh or sukhdev...how many people know that the first blast in kashmir occured during midnight not even killing a single person..the purpose was the same as that of bhagat singh's blast inside the parliament..
...now people have started talking about it in india..they have started to question as to why so many killings when there is no gun..why more than 60 people were killed in kashmir and just 2 in jammu out of which one committed suicide and the other was the result of mutual rivalry(police version)...this is a global village now where it is very difficult to hide the facts..the best thing that the indian government could do is the damage control to let the minimum facts come up infront of the general public...yesterday there was a 2 hour sitin in mumbai against the killings by army in kashmir...nobody has ever seen a response like this before..however the sitin was not allowed by some miscreants..people have written articles..kashmiris have setup forums like this..these things were missing i our freedom struggle...
no doubt gun is not there but this weapon is far more dangerous...
i again thank sujata for her concern and for her sincere efforts in spreading out the message...sometimes these things are not so easy to do...
regards
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: To sujatha   Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:36 am

Thanks a lot for your wishes. Hope this month brings peace to the valley and the rest of the world. Thank you for sending the links to others. This will surely help the cause. I do believe each and every word you have said. I have seen many blogs with Indians generally trying to defend Indian soldiers, may be out of ignorance or may be because they are too patriotic. Patriotism is a good thing but it should be limited to a certain extent so that it does not go against the teachings of God. Often out of patriotism people begin to defend what is not right. People will speak lies, will stop other people from telling the truth, will mislead the people following them, and so on, all because they love their country. This is when they literally go against God because God surely does not approve these doings by the people. I may be right or wrong but I feel that many Indians who know the real truth are too patriotic to admit the facts. I hope more and more people like you come out and spread truth all around.

It is very pleasing to read that you really want to spread awareness around you.

Some of the other newspapers of the valley are The Srinagar Times, kashmir observer, kashmir images,etc. You may search for them in google and view their websites. It is better if you compare them with the national dailies and news channels.

Lastly there have been many misconceptions regarding the Amarnath yatra. I can see the general feeling in India is that the people of valley are against it which is completely wrong. One can debate on this issue for days together as it has been stretched too far by the politicians. If one uses and follows logic he or she can never be mislead. The logic here is that in the 150 years of history of the yatra a record 4-5 lakh pilgrims have visited the shrine this year. If we were against the yatra, amidst the massive protests this year how would such a large number of yatries have visited the shrine. All the politicians who started this controversy, by claiming the ownership of 800 kanals of land, accept these figures but they dont care as they want to mislead the people and gain votes. Again the logical question I want to ask is how can the yatra be conducted without temporary shelters and other structures? If there was no land available for these purposes how was yatra conducted in the past and this year as well? The management is free to use any piece of land enroute the cave for temporary structures which is not a new thing. These structures are raised every year for the period of the yatra. There has never been any need for asking permissions for these purposes. Now that the land has been given back to the board these parties would be boasting of their success and going to the people and again.....misleading them. The fact is that it was just an eye wash. Nothing has been won or lost. All that has been won is the votebank and all that has been lost is the precious lives of people during this period of about two months. The ground realities are still the same.

regards to you sister
and take care.
Back to top Go down
Ravinder

PostSubject: Reply : Brutality, Rape in Kashmir   Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:13 pm

Hi

After watching these videos and other related news, I would like to present my view point.

As a human being, it is really unfortunate that we are living in society where the custodians of law have gone to the extent of committing these brutal crimes. Whether it is done by CRPF or BSF or the militants, any such crime needs to be condemned by one and all.

On the other side, the rein of terror unleashed by forces on small kids, girls and old citizens irrespective of caste.creed or religion calls for condemnation by any sensible person. It is sad that some of the perverted personnel from Indian forces are involved in this. The glorious tradition of Indian security forces in being the "friend of common man" is tarnished beyond recovery by these acts. Not only in Kashmir, we had similar incidents in Punjab, Manipur and other parts of the country, which have been unianimously voiced against by all "learned citizens" whether Hindu or Muslim or Sikh or else.

However I would also like to raise a point here. It is a human nature of retaliate harshly when you see your Country's flag burnt in front of you by so called "protestors". A Peaceful protest, seen in last few weeks in Kashmir, could have been more meaningful and beneficial if not mixed with venegeful burning of Indian flag, "Hindustan Murdabad" kind of slogans. The force personnel posted there might have acted too harsh, but I feel it is natural to react in such cases.

All said and done, I do deplore and condemn the atrocities and I am sure all sensible indians will do so.

Regds
Back to top Go down
peace
Leading Member
Leading Member

PostSubject: Women Beaten, Kids Thrashed, Youth Paraded Naked; SHO Refuses To File FIR Against CRPF   Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:25 pm

Quote :

Wangud, Qazigund (Kulgam), Sep 4: The CRPF troopers beat up and wounded several women and more than 12 teenagers in this small hamlet in south Kashmir, during the strict curfew last week after the villagers refused to sing “Jai Mata Di (Long live Mata (Indian goddess)” “Vanday Mataram (I bow before thee o motherland),” and the Indian national anthem.
Not to be quoted by their names was the first request of the villagers, as they feared further reprisals. The villagers said they are “being terrorized” for participating in pro-independence marches.
The villagers said on August 26 the troopers of 154 Bn CRPF caught hold of a group of youth outside a Darasgah and asked them to sing Indian national anthem.
“One of the youth, Muhammad Ishaq Wani, refused to sing it saying he didn’t know anything about it and even if the Indian prime minister forced him to sing it he would not. This was not liked by the troopers and they tore off his clothes, leaving him naked,” the villagers said. Ishaq is a 12th pass student and working as a salesman.
After parading Ishaq naked, the troopers barged into dozens of houses and beat up the inmates to pulp, the villagers said. “They threw stones on window panes of the houses and damaged several vehicles,” the villagers said. The troopers had brought stones in a gunnysack, the villagers said.
Women who tried to intervene were also beaten severely. According to villagers, 40-year-old Hafeeza wife of Abdul Majeed Wani was brutally beaten by the troopers with bamboo sticks and gun buts inside a cow shed where she bled for nearly half an hour before her neighbours took her to hospital. She has six stitches in her head, and the bandage was blood stained.
Hafeeza’s daughter Mehbooba too was not spared when she attempted to rescue her mother. “The troopers threatened Hafeeza of dire consequences if she told the villagers or the media how she was injured,” the villagers said.
Mahtaba Bano, 70, wife of Abdul Majeed Wani has multiple bruises and haematoma. “She was asking them to stop atrocities, but she was thrashed severely,” the villagers added.
A pregnant woman Nayeema Akhtar wife of Fayaz Ahmad Wani was hit with bamboo sticks on her back.
The residents said a woman named Chashmeeda was walking on the road carrying her three-month-old baby when the troopers snatched the baby from her and beat her up severely. Chashmeeda has multiple injuries on arm.
“The troopers entered the house of a mentally challenged person and beat up his son Zakir Hussain Kuttay so savagely that he has 14 stitches in his head and arm,” the villagers said adding the troopers smashed the Dish TV antenna of one Muhammad Yousuf Rather while the vehicle of his fellow villager Abdul Hameed Wani was partially damaged.
“More than 200 glass panes were smashed with stones,” the villagers said.
They said the troopers tried to set ablaze the house of a villager Mushtaq Ahmad Sheikh by spraying it with kerosene but his neighbor Muhammad Yousuf Rather snatched the kerosene can from the troopers. “Following this, the troopers broke Rather’s legs by ruthlessly beating him with gun butts,” the villagers said. Rather has fracture in his right leg.
A 10-year-old boy, Abrar Ahmad, was severely beaten. “The troopers asked him about his favourite cricket player. He named Shoaib Akhtar. Hearing this, the troopers started beating him,” the villagers said. They said Ahmad was rescued by his father who told the troopers that Abarar’s favourite player was Sachin Tendulkar and not Shoaib Akhtar.
The villagers said after the “collective punishment” the troopers left the area at 4 pm, but returned again to sing “Jana Gana Mana” and “Vanday Mataram” in the village. “More than 200 troopers in a frenzy celebrated in the village Allah knows what. They raised anti-Islam and anti-Azadi slogans,” the villagers said.
They said the Station House Officer of Dooru Police Station refused to file an FIR against the troopers.
“Please don’t name any of the victims in your story. The CRPF troopers will simply kill us. There is nobody here to listen to us, not even the police and district administration,” the villagers said.
The CRPF officials, however, deny having any information about the incident. “I don’t know anything about it. But I will certainly talk to the concerned commandant and ask him to inquire the matter,” said the CRPF’s Srinagar-based spokesman, Prabhakar Tripathi. “If the allegations are proved right, we will be taking action against the erring troopers. We won’t tolerate indiscipline at any cost.”
Back to top Go down
sujatha

PostSubject: more mindless violence against women and children and unarmed civilians   Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:05 pm

athar it is a shame . what can i say ? i am reading what u post including the one about women youths and kids being roughed up in the name of patriotism . it is difficult reading every time i have to confess . i find that this factor makes people i know who are sympathetic to those who are victims of this violence recoil from watching the video or reading the news like this piece which i send them . i ahve heard from a few who have admitted that this is so. i am hopefully not judging them for this but it makes me wonder about how i can bring people to see these videos / read these pieces of news so they too can voice their opinion against it and thus help stop it. if any of u have any ideas in how to overcome peoples' initial sense of repugnance when faced with such images will u share them ? in the meanwhile i will continue trying to reach out to others i know . surely something will work !
Back to top Go down
peace
Leading Member
Leading Member

PostSubject: Re: Videos of Brutality by Indian Soldiers Occupying Kashmir   Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:22 pm

today's world is a global village sujhata and it is difficult to hide everything..today there was a peace rally in new york against the atrocities by the army in kashmir..will be posting that after this comment....a similar sit-in protest was organised in mumbai but for "greater national interest" it was not allowed there..these are all news in local newspapers mostly from www.greaterkashmir.com.... these sorts of news cannot be allowed to publish in national newspapers or on national news channels for obvious reasons..for the past so many days everyday a youth is being killed in old srinagar city by the army...army has unleashed so much terror not only in srinagar city but in the whole of kashmir,in every village and is torturing everyone to identify the people who participated in the processions...thats when an elderly person told a high ranking army official that everyone from the village participated and they will have to arrest everyone..i ask people what is wrong in participating in a procession when not even a single stone was pelted towards army..??why not the same treatment for protestors in hindu majority jammu..coz we were protesting against the indian state...for our human rights and demanding the indian state to treat kashmiris as humans...
i dnt have much to write here...my heart is filled with sorrow and grief which has been there since my childhood and will remain there forever...the extent of the atrocities here is such that i cnt guarantee u whether i will be alive tomorow to write a post here and that is a harsh reality...i have friends in india who constantly ask me to migrate from kashmir...but i ask y...y should i leave my homeland..???
i appreciate ur concern..thankyou
Back to top Go down
LiberalM

PostSubject: Police Brutality in Kashmir Valley   Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:56 am

I have seen two videos in this series. Needless to say they are disturbing. I do have some questions though. I mean to help in any way I can but the questions can only be answered by you all - people who face this sort of violence every day in your lives.

The first one about the kids playing in the park - this is a believable video of a violent confrontation even though the perpetrators don't seem to be Indian Army but Police. Are they J&K Police or CRPF ? They seem to be carrying "Police" markers on their riot gear. Don't get me wrong - I detest the treatment of innocents no matter who metes it out but people like me from the outside of Kashmir Valley must be absolutely sure who the perpetrators of these incidents are so we know who to direct our civil action against.

The second video, of the little 3 year old child, is not that easy to believe. There seems to be breathless and repetitive coverage of the same small video segment like many Indian 'News' channels do when they run out of material. It is a after-the-fact video. People in the video, including those holding the child, seem to have big smiles on their faces ? What is going on here ? Much much harder to believe this one.

I have not seen the other videos yet, but I will.

To me and to many people like me in India, even one innocent victim in Kashmir Valley is a tragedy. The only acceptable number for human rights violations in Kashmir (or anywhere else in India) is ZERO. Attainable goal ? perhaps not. Worth trying ? absolutely.

We must however, know the actual perpetrators of the violence in the Kashmir Valley (for example: J&K Police, CRPF, BSF, the Indian Army, and yes the armed separatists as well), then it would help us raise our voices in the proper forums.
Back to top Go down
peace
Leading Member
Leading Member

PostSubject: @liberal   Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:38 am

the people in uniform in the 1st vide are crpf people...put a seal on that..there are couple of policemen in the video but the police here in most of the cases is always as asupporting element..i remember this news coming in the local newspaper i think a couple of years back when CRPF men did the beating of kids on old srinagar city while they were playing in the park..
as for the other video it is for a person to believe himself or there can be number of arguments and justifications for it..people most of the time seem to be laughing when infront of the camera and that is not only here but even when there are floods or earthquakes in india..that is a natural tendency but that is not the argument here...
stories of atrocities in kashmir valley by the army are such that if i write i dnt think many pro-indians would take it..how would anyone explain of an army person comitting a rape of 85 year old women..its for anyone here to believe me or counter argue..thats an individual choice..if anyone asks me i can find the link in youtube of the documentary by a human rights activists from US as a proof...i am not trying to tarnish the image of the army here because the real face of the army has already been exposed in this forum already or anywhere else...people will put ten argments in defence but fact will remain a fact...how would anyone explain me why is government of india is hesitant in allowing human rights organisations like asia watch,amenesty international and many others visiting the valley...reasons are obvious...
...people here need to understand that kashmir is not just a political problem or a law and order proble as in bihar or UP..it is a war zone and as is the case anywhere in the world atrocities and human rights voilations are observed by armymen in these war/conflict zones..same is happening in kashmir..indian army is at its best behaviour when outside kashmir valley..from army's point of view what i believe is that u cannot crush a mass uprising like this one with a soft approach..the british civilization was considered the most civilized during british raj..the british army never comitted such human rights voilations as has the indian army,whether CRPF,BSF,army..that has been there policy since mass uprising here..
...indian army is ruthless in kashmir and has comitted grave atrocities which are beyond imagination of an average indian coz they have never seen or experienced such a thing..so it is but natural very hard to believe for them..but it is for people to read the whole scenario themselves with open minds and come to right conclusion like sujhata or continue there arrogance like some of the members here like hated-in who even goes on abusing kashmiri womenfolk in one of the topics yesterday...
by counter arguing just for the sake of arguments will not help anyone here..we will reach nowhere..it does not give me or others any pleasure by writing such grave human rights voilations by the army..in one single night 42 women of a village were raped by the army when all the men were lined up in an open field far away from there homes..cases like these are numerous..now it is for people to differentiate between truth and falsehood..
Back to top Go down
LiberalM

PostSubject: CRPF Brutality in Kashmir Valley   Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:12 pm

Thank you for pointing out that these were CRPF troopers in the first video. I have written an e-mail expressing my outrage to Inspector General (Personnel), CRPF, and Inspector General (Administration), CRPF. I have also included your URL so they can see the videos. Honestly, I do not expect their response (bureaucrats !). The e-mails haven't bounced yet so they probably made it into the boxes. I strongly condemn the brutal treatment of innocent civilians in Kashmir Valley.

Kashmir Valley has indeed been a war zone since 1989. Like in all war zones there is tremendous brutality here that ordinary people elsewhere find extremely disturbing. And like in any war, there is a lot of misinformation and disinformation. The truth as always lies somewhere in the middle.

Could you share any thoughts on if you can group the violent incidents in any way ? Do they occur more around National holidays ? Do they occur on or around prayer times ? or on Fridays ? during day time or at nights ? or there is no order to them and they are just completely random ? On an average, how many incidents such as seen on the first video happen on a daily basis ? more than 10 ? 100 ? Myself and many of my compatriots would like to see these numbers so we can better grasp the nature and size of the problem - that will help us all to put a stop to this.

We may have extremely divergent views about Kashmiri separatism and about the viability and possibility of a full Kashmiri independence, but I am sure almost all Indians will condemn and detest the ill-treatment and killings of innocent civilians in Kashmir Valley by anyone, be it by the security forces or by armed separatists.
Back to top Go down
peace
Leading Member
Leading Member

PostSubject: www.greaterkashmir.com   Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:06 pm

Quote :
Twelve persons were injured, of them two by firing by CRPF personnel on the shopkeepers protesting against the nocturnal raids on their houses and arrest of several youth. Eye witnesses told Greater Kashmir that as the shopkeepers were closing their establishments at KMD bus stand, a CRPF contingent arrived in vehicles and without any provocation fired several rounds injuring two persons. One of the critically wounded has been identified as Ghulam Mohi-ud-Din Sofi of Sarnal.
After the incident, people took to streets and shouted pro-freedom and anti-government slogans. The agitated people protested against the nocturnal raids and arrests of youths and other atrocities by troops.
The protesters held a sit-in near the deputy commissioner’s office and demanded immediate release of the youth. They threatened massive agitation if the nocturnal raids on the houses of the protesters were not stopped forthwith.
The people called off their demonstration only after all the youth were released and on the assurance of the deputy commissioner that there would be no further nocturnal raids on the houses of those who had joined pro-freedom protests.
“Earlier during midnight, army along with police barged into the house of 13-year-old Sajjad Ahmad son of Mushtaq Ahmad of Laizbal and dragged him out of his house. The troops thrashed him severely and even as his mother pleaded innocence,” said the locals.
Sajjad’s neighbors made announcements from the Masjid loudspeakers asking people to come out to protest the troops’ atrocities. Within no time, hundreds of people raising pro-freedom slogans came out and started marching towards Lal Chowk where they organized a sit-in till 3:00 A.M in the night till the boy was released.
The residents said police and former government gunmen turned SPOs had prepared a list of youth involved in pro-freedom rallies and were conducting nocturnal raids on their houses and harassing their families.
Meanwhile, police has been reportedly conducting nocturnal raids on the house of Mirwaiz Islamabad, Qazi Yasir who has evaded his arrest so far.
Back to top Go down
peace
Leading Member
Leading Member

PostSubject: CRPF smashed windows of Sumo carrying bullet-hit man’   Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:25 am

Quote :
Srinagar, Sep 9: The CRPF troopers fired indiscriminately without provocation at people near the railway track on Monday. Four were hit by bullets. Shabir Ahmad was one of them. A bullet scraping his arm pierced his chest. He fell unconscious and people bundled him up in a Sumo vehicle. In the wounded slumber he had a dream.
He dreamt that he was playing with some Gujjars. And then he saw a lot of women wailing. When the CPRF troopers pounded the windscreen and side windows of the Sumo, Shabir woke up. The nightmare outside was more frightening than in the unconscious state.
He is recovering in a ward of SMHS hospital, but moans with pain every now and then.
“The CRPF were chasing the people, and then they started firing. I didn’t run away and stayed back to help a friend who had breathing problems and cannot run. But as I got up I felt a sharp sing in my arm and then the chest. I walked a few steps but collapsed,” Shabir said.
Shabir says he was walking along the railway track when CRPF fired without provocation at people.
“They saw that I was bleeding profusely, but still they smashed the windows of the Sumo and my neighbour Muzaffar was wounded in their assault,” he said.
Two other wounded persons have been shifted to the Bone and Joint Hospital, Barzulla.
The fourth injured, Ajaz Ahmed, who is being treated in the same ward, said, “There had been an incident of stone pelting earlier in the day, but everything was calm when a CRPF bus pulled over and soldiers came down and started firing.”
Ajaz works as a supervisor with the railways. Like Shabir he was strolling along the railway track. “They way they jumped from the vehicle I sensed they were on a kill. I tried to run away but they shot me in the back.”
The bullet has ruptured Ajaz’s intestines. He passes the feces through a pipe.
Doctors attending to Ajaz say that he will take at least a couple of months at the minimum to recover. But that is no consolation for Ajaz’s two sisters who cry beside their only brother’s bed.
Back to top Go down
peace
Leading Member
Leading Member

PostSubject: Chadoora hospital sans medical supplies   Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:26 am

Quote :
Srinagar, Sep 10: Acute shortage of essential medical supplies in the sub-district hospital Chadoora has punctured claims of the health authorities that hospitals in the Valley have sufficient stocks.
The Hospital is facing shortage bandage, syringes, and medicines.
Many attendants of patients told Greater Kashmir that they have to buy medicines and other medical equipment from the nearby market at exorbitant prices.
People showed the GK reporter medicines, past their expiry dates, being sold in the market but originally meant as government supply for the health centers.
Few days back, a patient, Zoona Begum of Baedipora, Chadoora visited the hospital with an injured leg. Doctors prescribed plaster of Paris, which she had to purchase from the market.
“We were surprised to see the bandage, beyond its expiry date and meant for hospitals was being sold in the market,” Muhammad Ramzan, an attendant said.
There are no X-ray facilities available in the hospital and the patients have no option but to get it done at the private diagnostic centers.
“The government claim of enough medical supplies is nothing but a sham. Everyday they claim hospitals are stocked with sufficient medicines, but you can see for yourself that it is a lie. Imagine if some bullet hit or seriously wounded person is brought to this hospital,” attendants of many patients said.
Meanwhile, a source said that Vigilance Organization has directed the Station House Officer of the police station concerned to register an FIR and probe the allegations of sale of hospital supplies in markets.
A fortnight back, many hospitals including, bone and joint hospital Barzulla and LD hospital had completely run of the medicines and surgical disposables due to the economic blockade enforced by Hindu extremist groups in Jammu.
Back to top Go down
peace
Leading Member
Leading Member

PostSubject: Agreement with Samiti appeasement to Hindutva: HR groups   Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:50 am

Quote :

Srinagar, Sept 10: Human rights groups in Delhi have criticized the agreement between the Government and Samiti describing it as an appeasement to Hindutva forces.
In a public meeting organized in Delhi by Janahastakshep on Tuesday, the PUCL and PUDR speakers stressed that the only way forward was to respect the right of self-determination of Kashmiris.
The groups observed that the agreement between the Jammu based agitating groups and the government was an appeasement of the Hindutva forces which failed to follow the recommendations of the Nitish Sengupta Committee (1996) proposing curtailment of the Yatra to 30 days only and restricting the number of yatris to one lakh. This compounded the situation in the valley by the blood-letting resulting in death of 50 and injuries to more than 2000 persons.
Among the various prominent speakers, Arundhati Roy, Prem Shankar Jha, Javeed Naqvi, Sanjay Kak, Dr. Aparna - CPI(ML) New Democracy, G.N. Saibaba - Revolutionary Democratic Front, Retd. Justice Rajinder Sachar - People’s Union for Civil Liberties, Gautam Navlakha - People’s Union for Democratic Rights, S.A.R. Geelani - Committee for Release of Political Prisoners, spoke at the occasion.
The speakers said repression is back in vogue with security forces beating the leaders while booking some under detention acts and filing of more than 250 cases. In contrast, the Jammu protestors charged with various violent acts have been allowed to go scot-free and may in fact, as part of the deal, be provided with compensation.
The speakers observed there was no basis to support the Indian state’s military suppression approach accompanied by manipulative politics and empty promises of free and fair elections which have a prospect of severely lacking in credibility.
The speakers stressed that erosion of Article 370 along with India and Pakistan failing to honour the commitment of referring the matter to the people of the state had been the major reason for the imbroglio engulfing the state into a crisis for well over 60 years. They said that the massive and peaceful outpouring of people on the streets of Srinagar and elsewhere in Kashmir ought to be met with meaningful political dialogue revolving around the right of self-determination of Kashmiris.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Videos of Brutality by Indian Soldiers Occupying Kashmir   

Back to top Go down

Videos of Brutality by Indian Soldiers Occupying Kashmir
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next