Kashmir Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Our Kashmir

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
The Voic

Our Kashmir Empty
PostSubject: Our Kashmir   Our Kashmir Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 10:48 pm

There has been lot of unrest in Kashmir now a days. People are gathering in lakhs to discuss and protest. There have been calls are "AZAADI". What is this "Azaadi" ?. Do some Kashmiris really know what they have been asking for ?

Some leaders leading the agitation says that they have natural religious attachment with Pakistan. Pakistan - a failed state who even after 60 years is struggling for democracy. A state who has become a alternative term for "terrorist state".

We kashmiris really do not know what we want. We have been facing terrorism for around last 20 years. We have lost our lives and still we are asking to embrace violence.

Why are we asking for guns again ? Why now we do protest to be a economic super power ? Why we did not expect our children to be well educated and respected. Why don't we want our children to be doctors, engineers or software professionals ?

Is religion only basis for the state to be formed?. India has more Muslims than pakistan. India has more resources and one of the most fast growing economy. Why now be a part of future rather than being part of a failed state.

One day your children would question your wisdom and ask why you made the decision.
Back to top Go down
Mee

Our Kashmir Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Kashmir   Our Kashmir Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 6:15 am

Not Pakistan.
Independence. Freedom.
More opportunities for our children to realize their full potential when we are independent.
Yu are murkying up the issue.
Back to top Go down
guest2

Our Kashmir Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Kashmir   Our Kashmir Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 7:22 am

Dear Mee,

World doesn't want another pain in the ass country to realize their potential the way Islamic Pakistan and Islamic Afghanistan has.

If you really mean "realize full potential" in a humane sense and not in the sense Pakistan/Afghanistan realized their potential, you can realize that with, Being with India or being India And with nothing,mind you nothing short of that.

Anything other than that, May Almighty Allah save the world from that.

We dont want that.
Please!!! world is reeling under a lot of pain because of pakistan/afghanistan realizing their potential.

Aameen..sum..aameen
Back to top Go down
Mee

Our Kashmir Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Kashmir   Our Kashmir Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 8:47 am

India has colonized us. If you are a Kashmiri you would realize that.
I dont have to prove that and start preaching here about the prison that Kashmir is. We can realize our potential like all other civilized countires did through hard work and cooperation with other countries. Which means more potential for our future generations.
Back to top Go down
hated-in

Our Kashmir Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Kashmir   Our Kashmir Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 11:06 am

Quote :

Incorrect since india does not extract any resources out of Kashmir. Infact India is subsidizing the economy in Kashmir.

Quote :

I dont have to prove that and start preaching here about the prison that Kashmir is.

I agree with this, but I think the seperatist and the terrorists are more to blame for along with their benefactor Pakistan.

Quote :

We can realize our potential like all other civilized countires did through hard work and cooperation with other countries.

I doubt it. A free Kashmir will be a fundamentalist state controlled by fundamentalist. Influenced by ISI in Pakistan there is a very strong probably that a free Kashmir will be a heaven for terrorism and Taliban style governance. Is this the place you want your kids to grow up in.

Quote :

Which means more potential for our future generations.

You seem to have quite a few "romantic" notions about separate Kashmir. I hope reality sets in soon.
Back to top Go down
corekashmiri

Our Kashmir Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Kashmir   Our Kashmir Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 1:12 pm

Mee wrote:
I dont have to prove that and start preaching here about the prison that Kashmir is. We can realize our potential like all other civilized countires did through hard work and cooperation with other countries. Which means more potential for our future generations.

Dear Mee,

I am for sure more KASHMIRI than you are, as I still respect the roots which were built thousands of years ago, not of the likes of you for whom the history starts 300 or 400 yrs ago which are just new branches to the tree to whose roots I belong.

I fail to understand why kashmiri muslims dont understand the meaning of colony or colonized.

As per dictionary.com, the word colony (the way you would like to define it) means:

1.a group of people who leave their native country to form in a new land a settlement subject to, or connected with, the parent nation.

If we go by this definition, no one from India(native) country got into Kashmir and settled, though nothing should have stopped them. But our modern laws in India have screwed that also.

Kashmir is and always was part of a geographical region called India (or in a larger sense the indian sub-continent).
The Indian land though an amulgamation of different kingdoms and small states was always know as Bharat or India and Kashmir was always part of it.
Just becoz Islam came to India doesnt mean that a Kashmiri can start identifying himself with Arabians or Iranians/Persians.

Just becoz your ancestors were forced into Islam and they continued with the same practises just because their Kings gave them benefits of remaining a muslim, does't mean that you dont remain a Bhartiya(Indian) Kashmiri and begin identifying yourselves as someone else.And thats your biggest folly (not ackowledging your history)

The temples like Shankracharya and the cave of Amarnath and so many like them,have been there and been worshipped eons before the world got to know a word called 'Islam'.

It was a blunder committed by Indians(Gandhi & Nehru) that they let people get divided in the name of religion because of some fanatics of the likes of Jinnah. We see how the people of Pakistan are suffering becoz Indian leadership bent their knees for a cause which was completely against sanity.They actually let their own people go to dogs by allowing the creation of Pakistan.
And we see the repurcussions now.
Had the Indians acted tough and not got bogged down by fanatic madmen like Jinnah, the now called Pakistanis would have had the RESPECT of being called an INDIAN and would have been leading a respectable life of an Indian in the world, and not hide their nationality when they are asked about it.

In US and the West, they try to cover themselves by identifying themselves as Desis. They heave a sigh of relief that they least can hide their nationality by calling themselves DESIS.

I hope you have heard of the issue where being called a 'PAKI' is taken as an offense and is treated as a slur word in the Western world.

Look what they did to the saintly word of Urdu 'PAAK' which used to mean PURE and what new definition they have given it.

Coming back to the definition of the word colony now,
Probably now you may try to identify to the definition below (once again from the same source):

2.A region politically controlled by a distant country; a dependency.

The key word here in this definition is DISTANT, just like British were to India, Portuguese were to Goa, British/French/Spanish to America etc.

Since Kashmir was and Is India and there is nothing DISTANT between Kashmir and rest of India neither historically, nor geographically and nor politically, so this definition doesn't fit in, no matter how much you and your likes would harp on.

Whether you like to call yourself a Kashmiri Hindu or a Kashmiri Muslim, you are an Indian who is a Hindu or a Muslim.PERIOD.

So words like colony/colonized/independence from India, are in your minds just because your ancestors turned to Islam 300 or 400 years back to seek the goodies from their Muslim Kings when they started killing the ones who didnt want to convert.

Hope I opened some closed doors in your mind.

regards
Back to top Go down
Reporter
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Our Kashmir Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Kashmir   Our Kashmir Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 1:39 pm

@corekashmiri
Let me enter the debate and say a few points.

Quote :
I am for sure more KASHMIRI than you are, as I still respect the roots which were built thousands of years ago, not of the likes of you for whom the history starts 300 or 400 yrs ago which are just new branches to the tree to whose roots I belong.

Could you elaborate how far back in history one should go to please your definition of being a Kashmiri? How about we go back to the Aryan invasion of south asia and then you'd want Iran and the caucus regions to join India too! Or maybe we should go back to the time when HomoSapiens left Africa!!

Quote :
I fail to understand why kashmiri muslims dont understand the meaning of colony or colonized 1.a group of people who leave their native country to form in a new land a settlement subject to, or connected with, the parent nation

Then as per this definition, India was never a British Colony!! Because you didnt have Europeans settling in India the way they were in north America or Australia, and yet India was a British Colony, just as Kashmir is sadly an Indian colony.

Quote :
The Indian land though an amulgamation of different kingdoms and small states was always know as Bharat or India and Kashmir was always part of it.
Just becoz Islam came to India doesnt mean that a Kashmiri can start identifying himself with Arabians or Iranians/Persians.
Your information is wrong. You will find out why when the Admin here completes the history section of this forum.

Quote :
I hope you have heard of the issue where being called a 'PAKI' is taken as an offense and is treated as a slur word in the Western world.
I will not stoop to your level, but are you implying there are no racial slurs for Hindus/Indians?

Quote :
Since Kashmir was and Is India and there is nothing DISTANT between Kashmir and rest of India neither historically, nor geographically and nor politically, so this definition doesn't fit in, no matter how much you and your likes would harp on.

By this definition, when will India occupy Nepal, Bhutan, and Srilanka?

Quote :
Whether you like to call yourself a Kashmiri Hindu or a Kashmiri Muslim, you are an Indian who is a Hindu or a Muslim.PERIOD.
No, Sir, I am a Kashmiri. Period.
Calling me Indian is a slur for me.

Quote :
So words like colony/colonized/independence from India, are in your minds just because your ancestors turned to Islam 300 or 400 years back to seek the goodies from their Muslim Kings when they started killing the ones who didnt want to convert.

Spewing false information is always a sign of desperation!

Quote :
Hope I opened some closed doors in your mind.
Ours are open alright, you sure need some counselling on what the true meaning of "wishes of people" in a real democracy. I am not talking about the make-belief sham they call the Indian democracy.
Back to top Go down
hated-in

Our Kashmir Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Kashmir   Our Kashmir Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 2:27 pm

Quote :

No, Sir, I am a Kashmiri. Period.
Calling me Indian is a slur for me.

No. You are a "Kashmiri seperatist" not a "Kashmiri". Please don't confuse yourself with most of the Kashmiri people who think that being a Kashmiri makes them Indian by definition.
Back to top Go down
Mee

Our Kashmir Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Kashmir   Our Kashmir Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 2:42 pm

Quote :
No. You are a "Kashmiri seperatist" not a "Kashmiri". Please don't confuse yourself with most of the Kashmiri people who think that being a Kashmiri makes them Indian by definition.

And hence we could settle this claim once and for all about what "most of the kashmiri people think" should the so-called democracy of India hold a referendum to find out just that. Until that happens, take my word that most Kashmiris are just that - Kashmiris - and not Indians.
Back to top Go down
hated-in

Our Kashmir Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Kashmir   Our Kashmir Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 3:48 pm

Quote :

And hence we could settle this claim once and for all about what "most of the kashmiri people think" should the so-called democracy of India hold a referendum to find out just that. Until that happens, take my word that most Kashmiris are just that - Kashmiris - and not Indians.

At best the only thing you get is Kashmir Valley and then fundamentalist and ISI will take over the place and run it Taliban style.
Back to top Go down
Mee

Our Kashmir Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Kashmir   Our Kashmir Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 12:56 am

Quote :
At best the only thing you get is Kashmir Valley and then fundamentalist and ISI will take over the place and run it Taliban style
We are willing to risk any of these unforeseen hypothetical scenarios. Nothing can be worse than what India is subjecting Kashmiris to right now.
Back to top Go down
hated-in

Our Kashmir Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Kashmir   Our Kashmir Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 11:48 am

Quote :

We are willing to risk any of these unforeseen hypothetical scenarios. Nothing can be worse than what India is subjecting Kashmiris to right now.

The only hypothetical and impossible scenario here is your "referendum" and "freedom".
Back to top Go down
Voice

Our Kashmir Empty
PostSubject: Re   Our Kashmir Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 10:53 pm

I really feel pity on your ignorance who cannot differentiate between right and wrong?. I feel you are one of those people who only blame others for all there woes and feel that by complaining all your problems would be solved.

Army only came when violence started in Kashmir. Why did n't you defended your own Kashmiris who happen to be Pandits. Your prominent Hurriyat leaders called openly to rape Kashmiri pandits women that time. and still you support those leaders.

What do you think India has options to contain this violence?. What would happen if security is no there?. Take today case, millitants are holding up 4 children as hostage.
Yes, those millitants who claim to be on 'jehad' to fight so called unjustice. If Army does not care about kashmiris then they could have blown the whole house in which militants and children.A army jawan has died in the incident but who in Kashmir cares.
I am sure some religious franatics would still support those millitants.

The only problem with you guys is that most of the things in your life is guided by your religion. You could never understand true Islam. People are commiting lot of crimes and later they justify it as in the name of religion.
Back to top Go down
Mee

Our Kashmir Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Kashmir   Our Kashmir Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 11:36 pm

Quote :
I really feel pity on your ignorance who cannot differentiate between right and wrong?. I feel you are one of those people who only blame others for all there woes and feel that by complaining all your problems would be solved.
No, I pity your ignorance.

You take one incident of terrorism in the 'Jammu' region and paint the whole freedom struggle of 'Kashmir' as being a violent religious battle. The Indian army would have infact indiscriminately killed every single occupant of that house, just as they do always, had it been a muslim house in Kashmir. This house in Jammu belonged to a Hindu (here is the news story). And here is the story of the militants. I really pity you fanaticism, and ignorance.

Quote :
Your prominent Hurriyat leaders called openly to rape Kashmiri pandits women that time
Spewing lies. Now, you are not just a ignorant Hindutva agent. You are also a liar. Can you provide one news source that mentions the Hurriyat leaders calling for perpetrating rape against Pandits? Only the barbaric Indian Army is capable of committing this heinous crime, not the Hurriyat, not the Kashmiri people. So, you stand accused of being a liar.

Quote :
People are commiting lot of crimes and later they justify it as in the name of religion.
Correctly described the Hindutva fanatics of India
Back to top Go down
Voice

Our Kashmir Empty
PostSubject: Reply   Our Kashmir Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 12:22 am

If you really do not know about this and want to know the truth. Go find about Yasin Malik. He even confessed this in "Aap ki adalat" interview.
Back to top Go down
peace
Leading Member
Leading Member
peace

Our Kashmir Empty
PostSubject: @guest2,corekashmiri,voice   Our Kashmir Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 1:57 am

dear guest2...you wrote:
Quote :
If you really mean "realize full potential" in a humane sense and not in the sense Pakistan/Afghanistan realized their potential, you can realize that with, Being with India or being India And with nothing,mind you nothing short of that....

this sentence sounds really offensive..but dosent matter coz that what is expected...
...let me and everyone else discuss with open minds and discuss facts and reality and not fiction..
y is it necessary for kashmir to be with india or be india to realize its full potential...i would have agreed to u had it been done in the past 62 years..muslim uprising started in 1989 and what about the period before that..kashmir has the potential to beat even singapore and this is not me who is saying that but an economic survey which was done of the kashmir division..(excluding jammu)..but it has been the policy of the indian government to underdevelop the kashmir valley for enormous reasons which i cannot state because that would be a topic in itself...and if u talk about pakistan and afghanistan as a pain in anyone's ass what about the most developed country in the world..USA????

@corekashmiri
...i would also like to remind corekashmiri that he or other indians like him are not the only educated and literate people here and would undermine his own intellegence by trying to prove the most intellegent one here..my dear brother definitions do change with time but if u think that kashmiris are using the wrong word then i must correct everyone because the right word should be
OCCUPIER whose dictionary meaning is: TAKE POSSESSION OF A COUNTRY BY MILITARY FORCE OR SETTLEMENT.. i hope that i have satisfied ur desire of kashmiris using the right word..
now let me come to ur geographical link of kashmir with india and ur knowledge about india and particularly kashmir..i started by saying that we should discuss with open mind and should be ready to listen..i should say that ur knowledge regarding kashmir's history is zero and u are talking in air..i am not trying to be offensive but trying to correct u..kashmir had in the past and even at present its geographical links with central asia through pakistan (before partiotion) or if we go back in time then through kashgar via the famous silk route..all the rivers which flow from kashmir end up in pakistan either via muzzafarabad or via punjab..even our traditional markets were not in new delhi or mumbai but rawalpindi or in central asia..i wm not saying that we have links with pakistan or with central asia because of the relegion..no..it was because of the trade and the natural exit of the valley is via pakistan..this is something which needs to be understood..kashmir had never any full booming trade route with the indian plains beacuase of the high himalayan mountains being a barrier between indian plains and kashmir..that is why kashmir never experiences the monsoon..pls try to understand this point that we have geographical linkage with central asia because that is topography of this region and that wont change by u writing a blog here...
if u are trying to write here ur own story and biased comments then i dnt think next time people will take u seriously and reply to ur comments..pls open ur mind and read history and then comment..when and where did u read that kashmiris had been forced to convert to islam..this shows me ur ignorence towards kashmir history..pls write to me the events of conversion to islam in kashmir which would also enlighten me about this story of forced conversion..
by your second definition of colony where y are trying to prove a link of kashmir with india through geography or politically, i would like to know from u about the political link that kashmir had with india..i have already written about the geographical aspect..the only thing that i will say is that kashmir had never any political link with india or to be more precise the indian rulers or the indian government before partition..u are welcome to prove me wrong on this..i would like to request you that first u should know about kashmir history before commenting about its politics,history,geography,culture,relegion..do u know the difference between a kashmiri hindu and an indian hindu..u should know this that a hindu in kashmir was never and even now is never called as a hindu..always a kashmiri pandit..do u know an indian brahmin would never eat meat but a kashmiri pandit would always take meat..???this is not to prove anything but just trying to increase ur knowledge..

@voice
"I really feel pity on your ignorance who cannot differentiate between right and wrong?"....
my dear brother u are soo right in saying that but should imply to u too..come to kashmir and see for urself how many wrongs is the world's largest democracy doing..whats wrong in acceoting the facts brother..now dnt talk about the so called seperatists because then u would be putting india in the same category..just accept the facts..
Quote :
Your prominent Hurriyat leaders called openly to rape Kashmiri pandits women that time

..when my brother..can u pls enlighten me regarding this or is this one more story put up by you...
Quote :
Army only came when violence started in Kashmir.
when did army came to kashmir..pls write to me and if u dnt know then dnt put up wrong and baseless statements..
u are talking abt 4 children hostages..right..nobody can deny this that whatever happens is wrong and u are commenting upon it when u know it and when it is in the news...now there was an incident last week in kashmir which was obviously not shown on national media which i am writing..now pls comment on it....a 1 year old child had 100% burned injuries when army barged into a house and started there hooliganism..water which was on the cooking gas was boiling and it fell upon the child and skin started to peel off from its skin..the child was rushed to the hospital but on there way army stopped there vehicle and did not allow them to move towards the hospital..after wailing and crying and interference of local people the vehicle was allowed to proceed but only after precious time was lost..
people here talk about the failed state of pakistan and islamic extremists in afghanistan..i ask the same people about the success story of indian democracy..if u want to see that what india has achieved as a democratic country then go to north-east or come to kashmir...pls open ur minds and eyes.its ur right to be partriotic towards ur country but dnt blindfold urself..people who say that india has more muslims than what pakistan has i ask them so what..i will tell them go and read SACHHAR committe's report which says that muslims in india are in worse condition than even the dalits..so that proves indian democracy...right..??????
i can also comment upon hindu fanatics and hindu extremism in india and can undermine hindu relegion but islam does not teach me that..it teaches me to respect other relegions..

Last edited by ather on Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:20 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : incomplete)
Back to top Go down
mee

Our Kashmir Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Kashmir   Our Kashmir Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 2:25 am

@ather

thankyou for the eloquent reply.

@voice

Quote :
If you really do not know about this and want to know the truth. Go find about Yasin Malik. He even confessed this in "Aap ki adalat" interview

You know in here in Kashmir we are taught from childhood that lying is a sin. We have a saying in Kashmiri that "to defend one lie, a person has to invent forty more." I dont know what they teach you hindutva fanatics. But it sure is demonstrated by your "aap ki adaalat lie"

Again, as ather correctly challenged you, I am as well. Because if it was said on that TV show, it would have been carried by all news media in India and overseas that a Hurriyat leader in Kashmir is promoting this kind of crime agaisnt minority women, (who are our own sisters and our own kashmiri blood; you hindutva agents do not have any concept of this bonding that Kashmiris have). So provide a single news source from anywhere about hurriyat promoting this crime.

voice, It has been established that you are a liar and a hate monger.
Back to top Go down
Jehangir

Our Kashmir Empty
PostSubject: The TV SHOW OF JAMMU ENCOUNTER   Our Kashmir Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 12:54 pm

What I am going to write is certainly going to rise some eyebrows.
I would like to comment about the encounter in Jammu which one of our friends recently reffered to. It was all a stage managed show by the government agencies.
The objective.
1. Postponement of the rally by AYSS by spreading the news that militants are going to strike in the rally.
2. By preventing the news from being aired.about the atrocities being perpetueted by the uniformed terrorists in Kashmir side like beating of a pregnant female by CRPF Rouges near hyderpora.
3. Whipping up the passion in the rest of India for the brave Indian soldiers.

ANALYSIS>
MIlitants manage to enter the border near Kanachak. What was the BSF doing. Must have fallen asleep after taking the daily 2 OZ dose of liquor......
The videos showed the wire was cut on the inner ring only. Did the militant manage to cross the outer ring without cutting it.
There is a three tier security ring for 5 KMS...... FOR 5 kms. What were the people on duty doing there.
The Militants manage to reach the jammu city outskirts within 24 hours. They must be really superhuman. Not being spotted by anyone. Not taking food at any place. Did they use a helicopter or a fast car. or they did get inpiration from olympics.
After 30 hours of continous travelling they decide to strike in Mishriwalla. Why? If the objective was to target the rally why did they change the plan? If we believe that the they were invisible in POLICE UNIFORM (here eve the I cards of police force are checked)and were managing to cross all the nakas what made them change the plan. At 5 am they catch hold of the auto....... GOD DID THEY FIND NOTHING FASTER? they fire at at naka and then enter the house. The house which was not abutting a road but inside a mohalla? WHY DID NONE OF THE NEIGHBOURS SEE THEM) A house where the owner has left early. (Of course they knew it). As per NDTV reporter the number of militants was three. This was reported by the auto driver...... BUT THE AUTO DRIVER WAS ALREADY DEAD. How did he report it.
Now the encounter..... very convieniently filmed for the TV audience. Brave reporting.
8.30..... The first militant killed. How ...... He comes out to get shot......... Study the visuals carefully. He is pushed from the room into the open and is fired upon from inside . YES FROM INSIDE COZ YOU CAN SEE THE ARM OF ANOTHER PERSON IN THE WINDOW. ON THE ROOF ARE ARMY PEOPLE. what were they doing there? They fired in unison 4-5 minutes after the person was already shot. Could they not throw smoke bombs and flush out the others or bore the roof from above. Was it justified to prolong the encounter for so long. OF COURSE COZ THE RALLY WAS AT 4 PM
The Militant decides to provide the interview to news channels. God He is alone He is trapped and yet he is so naive as to provide the details to the news channels. It has been 40 hours since he has crossed the border without sleep, food or rest and he has the strength to talk, fire and at the same time intimidate the Hostages. WAS HE AN ALIEN OR A SUPERMAN.
In any hostage crises when the abducter notices that he has failed the first thing he does is THAT he kills the Hostages. FOR 19-20 hours it did not dawn on the militants to kill the hostages?????????
The Bodies... It was shown that bodies were retrieved by winching them up at 7 pm. HOW was the rope applied to the body. Was the militant sleeping at that time. As per the news he was still firing but of course the brave INDIAN jawans are bullet proof. As per my medico friends after death the body becomes stiff. (THEY CALL IT RIGOR MORTIS) after 12-15 hours. THE BODIES WERE STIFF AT 7 only. THE RIGOR MORTIS MUST HAVE SET IN
EARLY.
IN Kashmir when the militants get trapped. THE ARMY BLASTS THE HOUSE AND THE ADJOINING 10 more even if there are children or females in them. IN JAMMU THEY DO NOT EVEN TRY TO CUT THE ROOF OF THE ROOM IN WHICH THE SUPPOSED MILITANTS ARE.

I hope the readers are able to see through the tactics of MR NARAYANAN who has given the plan to curb the agitation in THE DIVIDED STATE OF J AND K
JEHANGIR
Back to top Go down
peace
Leading Member
Leading Member
peace

Our Kashmir Empty
PostSubject: jehangir bhai   Our Kashmir Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 1:42 pm

we all know it as we have been witnessing it for the past 24 years now...all drama and nothing else..
.....it will be next to impossible for any indian reader to believe this and that is natural ofcourse..
but a good analysis anyways...
Back to top Go down
peace
Leading Member
Leading Member
peace

Our Kashmir Empty
PostSubject: terrorists in uniform   Our Kashmir Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 6:15 pm

It is terrorism in uniform’

ARIF SHAFI WANI/ GOWHAR BHAT

Our Kashmir ?Date=31_8_2008&File=Hajra
Srinagar, Aug 30: CRPF men on streets hardly pay heed to the orders that curfew has been relaxed and they shouldn’t beat people out to buy essentials but instead people during relaxation are being roughed up.
People of various localities including Batamaloo, Habba Kadal and Magarmal Bagh accused troopers of beating them including many elderly and children, once they come on roads during the deal in the curfew. They say troopers beat them without any provocation to “avenge” the protests that rocked entire Valley during the past few weeks against the economic blockade.
“Once we come on roads to buy the food stuff, the troopers beat us. We are at the mercy of the rampaging troopers,” said Abdul Rahman, a resident of Dandarkha, Batamaloo.
The locals said that troopers entered into the localities and smashed the window panes of several houses. They also beat up many people on Friday when they were coming out of masjid.
“I was coming out of the masjid when the troopers nearly lynched me. At least eight CRPF men thrashed me without any provocation,” Manzoor Ahmad, 19, of SD Colony Batamaloo said.
“While CRPF was beating us cops of Jammu and Kashmir Police were watching as mute spectators,” he said. Manzoor, including a dozen persons suffered with fractures in various body parts.
Few days ago when people ventured out to fetch eatables during deal, the troopers fired teargas shells on them injuring many including a woman.
“The troopers fired the shells without any provocation. A shell hit my right leg and I found my self in a pool of blood,” said Hajra while showing her injured ankle.
The residents of SD Colony and Danderkha said the troopers desecrated the masjid there. “The troopers smashed the window panes of the mosques and threw empty wine bottles into them,” said Bashir Ahmad, a local.
“This is sheer terrorism in uniform. The troopers ruthlessly thrashed a six year old child, Feroz Ahmad, who had come out on a street during the deal. He received several stitches in his head,” the locals alleged.
The troopers even didn’t spare the shopkeepers who open their shops during the deal. “The troopers barged into my shop and hit me with rifle butts,” said Nazir Ahmad, a pharmacist at Batamaloo, while showing his fractured hand.
The residents said the troopers warned them of dire consequences for raising pro-freedom slogans during the recent protests against economic blockade.
“We will teach you a lesson till you don’t shout pro-India slogans,” the residents quoting the troopers as saying.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Our Kashmir Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Kashmir   Our Kashmir Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Our Kashmir
Page 1 of 1