Kashmir Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Regarding pro-India blogger Junaid Azim Mattu

Go down 
AuthorMessage
red

Regarding pro-India blogger Junaid Azim Mattu Empty
PostSubject: Regarding pro-India blogger Junaid Azim Mattu   Regarding pro-India blogger Junaid Azim Mattu Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 1:09 am

K brother I've been a big fan of yours for many many years, but this time your article left a bad taste in my mouth. Although this post is superbly well written, I'll explain why in my opinion we should focus on remedies and not mud-slinging.
Regarding pro-India blogger Junaid Azim Mattu Junmot12[PHOTO SOURCE: FACEBOOK. SEE FAIR USE POLICY BELOW]
I'm not surprised when obnoxious, [DELETED BY MODERATOR] like Junaid Azim Mattoo (pictured above and below) write similar stuff targetting pro-freedom people. That [DELETED BY MODERATOR] person doesn't deserve two words of our reply and I doubt anyone takes him seriously. But when adhominem attacks against freedom fighters start coming from someone seasoned like you, it is sad.

Regarding pro-India blogger Junaid Azim Mattu Junmot10[PHOTO SOURCE: TWITTER. SEE FAIR USE POLICY BELOW]

My point is that individuals fighting Indian occupation can have differening opinions but let's save our adhominem attacks for all the pro-India [DELETED BY MODERATOR]. (Junaid Azim Mattoo belongs to this group thus my adhominem attacks on his person)
Regarding pro-India blogger Junaid Azim Mattu Junmot11[PHOTO SOURCE: BLOG. SEE FAIR USE POLICY BELOW]

You may not like SAG or MU or YM but your adhominem attacks on their person only helps the Indian cause.

Take care and keep writing!

Last edited by Admin on Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:43 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : ABUSIVE)
Back to top Go down
anon

PostSubject: Re: Regarding pro-India blogger Junaid Azim Mattu   Regarding pro-India blogger Junaid Azim Mattu Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 6:20 am

I agree. I've been thinking about this since I read his third-rate column in gk against the professor who was arrested. Junaid Mattoo is a disgrace to kashmiris.
Back to top Go down
Zubair

PostSubject: Re: Regarding pro-India blogger Junaid Azim Mattu   Regarding pro-India blogger Junaid Azim Mattu Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 9:32 am

Who is this Junaid Azim Motu? and where is the article that this comment is talking about? Post link plz
Back to top Go down
red

PostSubject: This post has been removed because it does not meet the standards of this forum.   Regarding pro-India blogger Junaid Azim Mattu Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 11:19 am

This post has been removed because it does not meet the standards of this forum.

Last edited by Admin on Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Abusive post)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Regarding pro-India blogger Junaid Azim Mattu   Regarding pro-India blogger Junaid Azim Mattu Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 11:01 am

This message is to member named "red"

Please provide proof within 24 hours that you have permission to use the images that you have posted here.

You are entitled to your opinion but hate pages against fellow pro-freedom Kashmiris is not allowed.

Please respond why this page should not be deleted.

Admin

Last edited by Admin on Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://kashmir.forumakers.com
red

PostSubject: Re: Regarding pro-India blogger Junaid Azim Mattu   Regarding pro-India blogger Junaid Azim Mattu Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 1:13 pm

@Admin

The pictures are used under "fair use" policy that most sites use. The photos are available to the general public without any restrictions whatsoever therefore publishing them here makes no difference. As a goodwill gesture and to show my fairness I have also provided the links to her public websites where the pictures are still available.

As for the content of the post, they are indeed my opinion and if you delete this page it will just display your intolerance of opposing views and your support of her. I have provided evidence to support my views and readers can make their own mind.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Regarding pro-India blogger Junaid Azim Mattu   Regarding pro-India blogger Junaid Azim Mattu Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 4:06 pm

This message is to member named "red"

Please provide proof within 24 hours that you have permission to use the images that you have posted here.

You are entitled to your opinion but hate pages are not allowed.

Please respond why this page should not be deleted.

Admin
Back to top Go down
red

PostSubject: Re: Regarding pro-India blogger Junaid Azim Mattu   Regarding pro-India blogger Junaid Azim Mattu Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 11:38 pm

@admin

Go to hell

As if what I say here will make any difference. You removed the other page even though I justified the page and provided proof and you didn't provide any reply or reason for removing that.

So [DELETED BY MODERATOR]and get in the line of suckers and sell off's like this Junaid Mattu

Last edited by Admin on Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : INAPPROPRIATE WORDS)
Back to top Go down
by-K

PostSubject: Re: Regarding pro-India blogger Junaid Azim Mattu   Regarding pro-India blogger Junaid Azim Mattu Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 4:34 am

THE FOLLOWING COMMENT IS A CUT/PASTE JOB FROM ~KASHMIR~ BLOG WEBSITE. HERE IS THE LINK TO THE ORIGINAL POST ON THAT SITE [ CLICK HERE TO VISIT ORIGINAL POST ]. IN ABSENCE OF COMPLAINT FROM SITE OWNER I WILL ALLOW THIS COMMENT
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post deleted following complaint from site owner--ADMIN

Last edited by Admin on Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:38 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : INAPPROPRIATE WORDS)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Regarding pro-India blogger Junaid Azim Mattu   Regarding pro-India blogger Junaid Azim Mattu Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 3:08 pm

Dear readers:

It is a very difficult decision whether to allow this page or not.

My first consideration was whether this page is a "Hate Page."

Although posters are welcome to post any view on here, but I as a moderator, have to discern whether the commentor is motivated by a personal grudge or whether he/she is genuinely interested in debate and sharing new information.

Junaid Mattu has written many controversial articles in the local papers and on his blog, and many fellow bloggers make a genuine point that their counter arguments and rebuttals are not published either in the newspapers or on Mr Mattu's blog or twitter page. Therefore it would be a grave injustice on my part to not allow this debate to take place here and give his opponents a platform to voice their views without any kind of censorship.

I have been brushing up on my knowledge of "fair use" policy for profile images used on Facebook, Twitter and personal blogs.

The original member "red" argued that he used it under "Fair Use" policy, which I have been researching and asking other fellow bloggers about.

The consensus is that non-commercial ues of facebook/Twitter/Blog profile images, when used in proper context, indeed constitutes "Fair Use."

Here is a good explanation:
Quote :
When can I borrow someone's images for my blog post?

Images are subject to the same copyright and fair use laws as written materials, so here too you'll want to think about the fair use factors that might apply. Is the image used in a transformative way? Are you taking only what's necessary to convey your point? A thumbnail (reduced-size) image, or a portion of a larger image is more likely to be fair use than taking an entire full-size image. If you want to go beyond fair use, look for Creative Commons licensed images.

If someone has a different view on the fair use of the above images or whether you feel that this is a "Hate Page" or even that you agree with my decision regarding this page as upholding freedom of opinion, please let me know.
Back to top Go down
lame

PostSubject: Re: Regarding pro-India blogger Junaid Azim Mattu   Regarding pro-India blogger Junaid Azim Mattu Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 8:11 pm

What a lame post! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
sanjith

PostSubject: re: junaid mattoo   Regarding pro-India blogger Junaid Azim Mattu Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 3:58 pm

Junaid was really unhappy when militants killed those two sisiters in Sopore recently and nobody reacted.
Back to top Go down
sakib

PostSubject: @sanjith   Regarding pro-India blogger Junaid Azim Mattu Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 4:34 pm

Quote :
Junaid was really unhappy when militants killed those two sisiters in Sopore recently and nobody reacted.

Wasn't Junaid the one who wanted to march to Sopore and expected hundreds of thousands of Kashmiris to join him? In the end even his cousins wouldnt join him in his attention seeling narcissism lol!

The guy's an attention seeking troll. A whole of three Kashmiris are his followers, and two of them are his cousins. If admin takes my suggestion, they'd pull this page off. This guy is not worth this attention.
Back to top Go down
chelab

PostSubject: New Delhi’s Abdullah Handicap   Regarding pro-India blogger Junaid Azim Mattu Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 5:03 pm

[This appeared in the Greater Kashmir March 14th 2011]

New Delhi’s Abdullah Handicap
It pushes Kashmir deeper into an intractable hole of alienation

BY JUNAID AZIM MATTU

The harrowing traffic congestion in Srinagar quite often forces me to drive through Gupkar whenever I plan on visiting the Dal Lake side of the city. I remember, growing up in the turmoil, even looking towards the Gupkar conclave was tantamount to terrorism. Every now and then the barricades made way for white ambassador cars with blaring red lights and deafening sirens. This is around the same time when rumors were agog that drivers were driving around the empty cars with sirens, lights - the whole nine yards, to give an impression that the State actually had a government. As a young boy, Gupkar meant something else to me. Something more obnoxious and personally suffocating than a corrupt, nauseatingly nepotistic corridor of power and stifling bureaucracy. Gupkar to me was a symbol of absolute and unaccountable power more often than not used to create personal empires at the cost of ordinary Kashmiris – educated, uneducated, employed and unemployed alike. As a child, I hated Gupkar, the very sight of it.

I once had a dream I can still vividly recollect, about a sea of angry, ragged and beleaguered people running towards Gupkar - tattered zombies, past the barricade to discover that beyond all echelons and epitaphs of concentrated power lies a lush green, sun-facing hill - dotted with wild flowers, lilacs, brooks and sparrows. Then, I had relatives and family friends who lived in Gupkar – bureaucrats, an occasional minister or a family friend. I remember sitting on balconies with vistas of the Zabarwan range munching on spotless plump cherries and having glitzy dinners in the shadows of an absolutely wasteful and unproductive machinery of needlessness as cooks and waiters scampered around anxiously with spines bent at frighteningly unnatural angles. Bright halogen camp lights shone across the lawns as most of the city was plunged in the routine darkness of chronic power cuts. Gupkar seemed to be a different Kashmir, gestating, feeding and surviving in the withered and blood-sucked body of a bigger yet less visible Kashmir – a Kashmir where young sons and beloved husbands were untraced, where mothers tossed and turned on tear-soaked pillows and where orphans made way from hinterlands to city orphanages cramped in white cars, driving past the familiar sights of their childhood into an unknown realm of half-truths and smoldering emotions. That is the invisible face of Kashmir, masked behind a rhetorical ambiguity that puts in all possible efforts to prolong the status quo.

Kashmir admittedly is essentially a political dispute, between two States that refuse to give up their ostrich-neck stances. Militarization on the Indian side of the territory has resulted in horrendous and gross human rights abuses. Most Kashmiris have not reconciled with J&K’s controversial accession to the Indian union. India, however has unfortunately dubbed the sentiment of Kashmiri nationalism in the sole context of secession, which to even a Kashmiri of average intelligence is an impossible proposition. Yet, under all the froth of reactionary separatist politics and dictatorial arrogance of the mainstream, the more things have changed the more they remain the same. Governments have changed, political parties have sprung up right, left and center and both regional parties in the State have perennialized the presence of the Indian National Congress through successive coalitions. The element and perception of puppetry and helplessness has if anything, gained more weight. Red-tapism at the bureaucratic level is now competing for infamy with chicanery, regionalism and rampant corruption at the ministerial level. The slogan of change has been dampened. The spirit that a generational transition at the executive level initially inspired has been shredded into an irreconcilable confetti of dreams that were perhaps reconciliatory, at the greatest detriment to India.

The last two decades have seen the institutionalization of not democracy, but family caucuses in J&K; an either/or choice for the beleaguered people. Mufti’s PDP is as much a family caucus as the National Conference, the father-daughter duo the Supreme Authority in policy matters. This has also been the crowning institutionalization of Gupkar, literally and metaphorically – given that Mufti Sayeed moved into the vista-esque Fairview estate along the same stretch, image makeover included. The same Ex Home Minister of India who set Kashmir on fire, miscalculation after miscalculation – travesty after travesty, was in all probability deemed fit by some clueless retired IPS or IAS spy chief in Delhi to be the face of ‘reconciliation’. Such is the tragic lack of depth in Delhi’s understanding of Kashmir – what festers here summer after summer – a tinderbox waiting for a spark.

There is absolutely no difference between an outsourced business vertical and J&K when it comes to democracy, however impressive election turnouts might be. New Delhi operates a single-window line of communication and dictation with either of the two families, not with the Eighty-Six MLAs elected by the people. The demographic analysis of the present State Legislative Assembly exposes the hereditary syndrome in political transitions – in how numerous families have now rallied around either of the two main political families or how the youngest MLAs are children or grandchildren of past MLAs – or how politics of evolution and merit has been disincentivized – or how mandates are arbitrarily distributed at family dinners – of how democracy has become a more acceptable form of monarchy in J&K.

Hereditary or dynastic politics is a reality across India and not unique to J&K. The unique issue with family politics in J&K, however, is the fact that it’s used as an alternating tool to manage this political conflict. We can go back to either 1987 or the era of Jagmohan and a couple of elections that followed to realize how the strings of this show lie in Delhi. Congress has been in bed with both main political parties in the State – making it easier to justify a coalition with either in the future, depending on what’s politically expedient for Delhi.

The counter argument, sort of, is that Delhi doesn’t have any other alternative in J&K and for instance at this point in time, would rather have Omar Abdullah in the hot seat than Mehbooba Mufti. However understandable, it’s this precise approach of ‘options’ that breathes life into this conflict, keeps Kashmir smoldering. Twenty years of conflict, a hundred thousand dead, missing and maimed people and Kashmiris still have to choose between the same two alternatives, which have in their own ways, left deep dark scars on our political and social identity. As for Omar Abdullah - at a point of time, I did see significant hope of transcendence and reconciliation in him. I don’t doubt that his heart and mind is in the right place and he wants to see change and reconciliation in Kashmir, but the burden of his legacy is far too heavy and ominous to be invisible – a burden that will never allow a process to pave way for reconciliation as long as the family/party is in power – election turnouts regardless. A burden that has precipitated and eventually dictated the quality of his political team – of controversial, inept and fairly unpopular people he has had to surround himself with.

The Muftis have created a party around a father-daughter duo, surrounded by individual vote-banks, established leaders and politicians – a family caucus progressively dynastic and dictatorial – at times even more dictatorial than the other family caucus – and that is saying something! Their politics of victimhood is also in direct contradiction to their politics of opportunism and power, going to the extent of crying for power on the graves of young children. It was their forest minister who signed off the controversial Amarnath deal and lo and behold, they are the ones who played the victims – withdrawing from their coalition with the Congress. Pertinent is also the fact that Mufti Sayeed is the same Ex-Home Minister of India who has his hands drenched in blood till the elbows and beyond – Jagmohan, AFSPA, Gaw Kadal massacre etcetera etcetera.

To expect Kashmiris to change and reconcile with the same faces that have been integral parts of the ‘problem’, is contemptuous to the sufferings and sacrifices they have rendered in the past twenty years. It’s also stupid. Change has to be palatable. Change has to look different; it has to look like change, not just sound like change. As to the question of ‘alternatives’, India needs to rise above the pettiness of ‘controlling’ and ‘managing’ Kashmir – by allowing genuine democratic empowerment independent of any ‘alternatives’. From the few cordial private discussions I have had with some senior political leaders of both parties in the last fortnight – a genuine non-dynastic democratization of the sentiment has never been within closer reach. The onus now being on Delhi to rise to the occasion.
Delhi’s challenge now lies in finding not just resolution but acceptability in Kashmir; an acceptability that will continue to elude it till empowering democracy replaces nepotism, hereditary outsourcings and family politics. Kashmiris wont invest their confidence in a democracy that reeks of twenty years of bloodshed and gore, but will do so in a democracy that empowers them towards a resolution, a refreshing dignity and identity that they have hoped and yearned for till now. Outsourcing political management to one of the two family caucuses won’t bring Delhi any closer to resolution than it is now. If anything, it will push Kashmir yet deeper into an intractable hole of alienation, at the greatest detriment to New Delhi.

Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Regarding pro-India blogger Junaid Azim Mattu   Regarding pro-India blogger Junaid Azim Mattu Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 2:45 am

This message is to above poster Chelab.
Please provide link where you copied the above article from.
Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Regarding pro-India blogger Junaid Azim Mattu   Regarding pro-India blogger Junaid Azim Mattu Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Regarding pro-India blogger Junaid Azim Mattu
Page 1 of 1