Kashmir Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Leadership Crisis

Go down 
+3
Manzoor
Admin
Srinagar
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Srinagar
Srinagar

Leadership Crisis Empty
PostSubject: Leadership Crisis   Leadership Crisis Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 10:00 pm

After the recent happenings in kashmir , the undisputed show of peoples emotions has been great. I feel so sorry for the people who lost their lives for this cause but my biggest worry now is the absence of a strong leadership. Its not so normal within the circles as it is being shown. The internal bickering has started and everyone saying that I represent people has crept in. If it remains the same then the day is not far off when this uprising by the people will lose its direction.
I would love to see people commenting about what if a crisis arisis within the hurriyat leadership, i am sure the hurriyat leadership is aware of the stakes but what if it happens?. Remember, Yasin Malik, Sajad Lone, Mirwaiz Qazi Yasir of Anantnag (Who shot to fame by his recent show of strentght in Islamabad) are not a part of the Hurriyat .
Your views?
Back to top Go down
Reader

Leadership Crisis Empty
PostSubject: Thats Important   Leadership Crisis Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 12:31 am

Its realy debatable, If such a thing arisis , then whatever kashmiris have done from past month will go through the drain. Then these leaders have no right to call themselves leaders.
AS for what happens if such a thing happens , let me think and get back to the forum Laughing
Back to top Go down
Abode of

Leadership Crisis Empty
PostSubject: Leadership   Leadership Crisis Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 1:05 am

I think the best way to sort out a leadership issue in the seperatists camp is to have an open debate amongst the youth of Kashmir from all sections of our society. These older leaders made a mess out of the movement in the 90's and now when the Kashmiri common man has again gifted them the issue of kashmir on a silver Platter.....they will disappoint everyone again by sticking to their stupid outdated ideals.

REMEMBER The Indian intelligence agencies are watching and will utilize this opportunity to divide Hurriyat/Kashmiris to the maximum hilt.

In my opinion we should not choose a leader from the current crop of Hurriyat members. Rather we should let the whole of Hurriyat carry the movement forward much like the executive boards of various multinational firms carry their companies forward.Let them come out with a manifesto and stick to the manifesto.....no leadership issues involved......everyone sticks to the manifesto with no personal grudges brought forward.

Leaders in the todays world of Information technology are not a ONE MAN SHOW....it is the ideas and aspirations of a nation that formulates a Leader. In other words, our leader is our MANIFESTO....OUR LEADER IS OUR FREEDOM STRUGGLE....THE HURRIYAT is a party that has to act like a spokesperson for our leader......and if they fail to do that, the people should reject them outright and bring in new spokespersons.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Leadership Crisis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leadership Crisis   Leadership Crisis Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 2:18 am

Abode of wrote:
Leaders in the todays world of Information technology are not a ONE MAN SHOW....it is the ideas and aspirations of a nation that formulates a Leader. In other words, our leader is our MANIFESTO....OUR LEADER IS OUR FREEDOM STRUGGLE....THE HURRIYAT is a party that has to act like a spokesperson for our leader......and if they fail to do that, the people should reject them outright and bring in new spokespersons.

I feel that this para correctly reflects the views of a majority of Kashmiris and is in fact the path we should follow as a nation. Thankyou very much "Abode of" for bringing this up.

It is true that our freedom struggle is infact our leader. The hurriyat should heed this suggestion and come up with a manifesto and stick to it. let it be a truely democratic party where they stick to the party constitution/manifesto.

A very good point brought up by 'abode of'
Back to top Go down
https://kashmir.forumakers.com
Manzoor

Leadership Crisis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leadership Crisis   Leadership Crisis Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 10:56 pm

[quote="Admin"]
Abode of wrote:

I feel that this para correctly reflects the views of a majority of Kashmiris and is in fact the path we should follow as a nation. Thankyou very much "Abode of" for bringing this up.

It is true that our freedom struggle is infact our leader. The hurriyat should heed this suggestion and come up with a manifesto and stick to it. let it be a truely democratic party where they stick to the party constitution/manifesto.

It maybe a good idea to maybe try organizing a conference of all leaders from all different Separatist religious and may be pro Indian parties so we can have some kind of consensus on a Manifesto to move forward .I do like the idea of Coordination committee which has representation from all shades of life Lawyer Doctors Chamber of Commerce All different association and Intellectuals
Back to top Go down
ABC_to_XYZ
Leading Member
Leading Member

Leadership Crisis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leadership Crisis   Leadership Crisis Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 12:27 pm

Just one question...

Is there any leadership for freeing the China Occupied and Pak Occupied or the whole struggle is from only Indian Occupied?

I guess 2 parites missing might be playing a hidden agenda as I keep hearing in Chinese Media that Chinese Occupied is part of China (Akasi Chin and Karakoram Tract)

And all Pakistani think that Kashmir is there birth right as Muslim brethern lives there.

The Question is where is the leadership and Freedom rallies for the other Two parts.

May be Kashmiri Need a Nuclear Weapon more than a Leader.
Back to top Go down
Jehangir

Leadership Crisis Empty
PostSubject: Crisis   Leadership Crisis Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 9:52 pm

@ABC..
it seems u are not sure about what u want to write. India lost the 1962 war to china and our territory was occupied, so India will have to pay the concession to Kashmiri nation for this loss coz the defense of our territory was to be performed by India.
Regarding the crisis of leadership I can assure u that IT IS THE COMMON PEOPLE OF KASHMIR WHO ARE THE LEADERS. THE MASSES ARE LEADING THE LEADERS. FEARING A SELL OUT LIKE SHEIKH ABDULLAH DID, IT IS WISE TO HAVE A MULTIPLE LEADERSHIP. OUR ONLY GOAL IS THAT INDIA HONOUR ITS COMMITMENTS TO US AS PROMISED BY MR JAWAHARLAL NEHRU. WHAT WE HAVE TO DO AFTER THAT WE KNOW QUITE WELL.
Back to top Go down
ABC_to_XYZ
Leading Member
Leading Member

Leadership Crisis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leadership Crisis   Leadership Crisis Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 10:02 pm

Jehangir wrote:
@ABC..
it seems u are not sure about what u want to write. India lost the 1962 war to china and our territory was occupied, so India will have to pay the concession to Kashmiri nation for this loss coz the defense of our territory was to be performed by India.
Regarding the crisis of leadership I can assure u that IT IS THE COMMON PEOPLE OF KASHMIR WHO ARE THE LEADERS. THE MASSES ARE LEADING THE LEADERS. FEARING A SELL OUT LIKE SHEIKH ABDULLAH DID, IT IS WISE TO HAVE A MULTIPLE LEADERSHIP. OUR ONLY GOAL IS THAT INDIA HONOUR ITS COMMITMENTS TO US AS PROMISED BY MR JAWAHARLAL NEHRU. WHAT WE HAVE TO DO AFTER THAT WE KNOW QUITE WELL.

No shouting and rable rousing my friend,
You made your point clear ..
1. 1962 war was for a futile cause, China should have taken over like it took over Tibet.
2. Same Nehru who led the 1962 war, promised a fair deal with people of kashmir, but its because of pakistan that promise couldnt be fulfilled that time, as it occupied POK and sold Karakoram tract to China.
3. As per Kofi Anan, plebisicite now to be hold based on India and Pakistan.

I am sorry for Mr Nehru that he fought a war, without asking Kashmiris and He promised Kashmiris without asking Pakistan.
Back to top Go down
Jehangir

Leadership Crisis Empty
PostSubject: Promise   Leadership Crisis Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 10:37 pm

@ABC
The thread is about leadership crisis which u r unnecessarily deviating from.
Nehru should have asked INDIANS before promising. That would be more appropriate. Or did he have no intention to fulfil his promise. I wonder
Back to top Go down
ABC_to_XYZ
Leading Member
Leading Member

Leadership Crisis Empty
PostSubject: Regarding UN Resolution: Monday, March 12, 2001   Leadership Crisis Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 11:52 pm

Front Page | Next
Abide by Lahore accord, Annan tells India, Pak.

By B. Muralidhar Reddy

ISLAMABAD, MARCH 11. The United Nations Secretary-General, Mr. Kofi Annan, has counselled India and Pakistan to resume dialogue in the light of the `Lahore Declaration' for a resolution of all their differences, as the U.N. resolutions on the Kashmir dispute cannot be enforced in the absence of cooperation from them.

Speaking on arrival at the Chaklala military airbase near here last night, Mr. Annan said a ``return'' to the spirit of the Lahore Declaration would require ``restraint, wisdom and constructive steps from both sides''.

His reference to the spirit of the Lahore Declaration would not have gone down well with his hosts, as the military government feels the document was signed by the Nawaz Sharif Government without ``adequate preparation''.

Mr. Annan would have preferred to avoid any reference on his own to the U.N. resolution on the Kashmir conflict. This was further evident, when in response to a question, he said there could be no comparison between the U.N. resolutions on East Timor and Iraq and those on Kashmir.

``When it comes to implementation of resolutions, I think we have to be clear here. The U.N. has two types of resolutions - enforcement resolutions under Chapter VII and other resolutions which require cooperation of both parties to get implemented. East Timor is a Chapter VII resolution. One often refers to Iraq. Iraq is a Chapter VII resolution. The resolution you are referring to here does not come under Chapter VII in the same sense. And these resolutions are not self-enforcing,'' he said to a query whether the U.N. would be interested in enforcing its resolutions on Kashmir as it did in East Timor.

The Secretary-General said the resolutions on Kashmir were on record and the U.N. had observers in the region. He specifically referred to the U.N. Military Observers Group on India and Pakistan, and said the Chief Military Observer was in the region.
Back to top Go down
ABC_to_XYZ
Leading Member
Leading Member

Leadership Crisis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leadership Crisis   Leadership Crisis Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 12:46 am

All,

although the above post is off the topic of leadership, it can be treated as mis guidance in the leadership which prevails today.

My analysis from the above article I quoted is as below:

Leadership is suppose to truthful to the people.
A leader who is not truthful to the cause or who doesnt have a full grasp of people, can be termed as rabble rouser.

Like a person who quotes one or two stray incidences and neglects thousands of other incidences which are good, is trying to arouse the feeling of common people.

In India we have this kind of pseudo leadership a lot. who love to divide and divide again and again.

Leadership should be to cause of welfare of people, to bring them to more law and justice, and not to break them who are already in despair and woe.

How can a nation progress when its leaders are sold out, they are foreign agents.
How can a nation progress when all communities are not equal.
There is monarchy, there is no theocracy, we live in world of free media, secular and democracy.
There is no binding in practising one's own religion or following ones own customs.

We are continous in the process of making it better and stronger.

But the direct inference from above article I have quoted is that our leaders dont tell the truth, they dont face the reality, they still want to exploit the mass feeling,

Are today's leaders truly hones to the cause of welfare of people.

Another point my friends, Sometime like good parents take harsh actions for good of children as they are not that mature, A good leadership is also like good parents who are suppose to take harsh steps, even if its not popular step.

Dont call such step as dictatorship, its true leadership, but there is fine difference I understand that.

here are such words from Revered Maulana Abdul Kalam Azad, The first Education Minister of India.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRt5G65OAUg

--------------------
Back to top Go down
Jehangir

Leadership Crisis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leadership Crisis   Leadership Crisis Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 12:38 pm

ABC_to_XYZ wrote:
All,

In India we have this kind of pseudo leadership a lot. who love to divide and divide again and again.

Leadership should be to cause of welfare of people, to bring them to more law and justice, and not to break them who are already in despair and woe.

How can a nation progress when its leaders are sold out, they are foreign agents.
How can a nation progress when all communities are not equal.
There is monarchy, there is no theocracy, we live in world of free media, secular and democracy.
There is no binding in practising one's own religion or following ones own customs.

We are continous in the process of making it better and stronger.

But the direct inference from above article I have quoted is that our leaders dont tell the truth, they dont face the reality, they still want to exploit the mass feeling,

Are today's leaders truly hones to the cause of welfare of people.

Another point my friends, Sometime like good parents take harsh actions for good of children as they are not that mature, A good leadership is also like good parents who are suppose to take harsh steps, even if its not popular step.

Dont call such step as dictatorship, its true leadership, but there is fine difference I understand that.

--------------------

Thanks for validating our inferences.This is exactly what we are saying about the leadership in India. They r not coming out with the truth. If truth about Kashmir in placed then there might be a revolution in India only against these leaders.
Back to top Go down
hated-in
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Leadership Crisis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leadership Crisis   Leadership Crisis Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 11:04 am

Jehangir wrote:

If truth about Kashmir in placed then there might be a revolution in India only against these leaders.

Actually I am worried more about you with respect to truth. As for revolution, we have it every five years (if not more often). You will see it before end of May next year.
Back to top Go down
Jehangir

Leadership Crisis Empty
PostSubject: the truth   Leadership Crisis Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 9:56 pm

@ Hated in
U r living upto ur chosen name. Well Till 11th Aug I was under the impression that everything was OK in Kashmir but i saw the brutal face of aggression of Indian forces when we were shot at in our casuality ward. It was the day that made me change my views about India and its potrayal of demon.cracy (U call it democracy). We were neither protesting nor out on the streets but tending to the injured victims and WE WERE FIRED UPON (for what fault of ours.... OH SORRY WE R KASHMIRIS WHO R TO B SHOT AT,KILLED,MAIMED AND WHAT NOT ) COZ U HAVE GOT A.F.S.P.A.. COZ PEOPLE LIKE U HAVE TO FEEL SATISFIED THAT "TERRORIST" KASHMIRIS HAVE BEEN KILLED.

We recieved Shaheed Sheikh Abdul Aziz(May allah grant him a place in Jannat) at 3 0" clock from chahal with a high power rifle wound in his left upper tummy and his intestine coming out through the exit wound in the right side of the tummy. This was communicated to the Administeration(GUV office) in my presence and what white lie does Mr Narayanan come up with...Mr Aziz was shot by a pistol in his back by one of the persons in crowd.

These were the two episode which cleared any doubts in my mind about how low the Indian adminsteration can stoop to when it comes to truth in Kashmir. That is the day i became an EXTREMIST, SEPARATIST, SECCESSIONIST OR WHATEVER U MAY CALL ME. THAT IS THE DAY I SAID TO MYSELF THAT MY MOTIVE IN LIFE WILL BE TO EXPOSE THE REAL TRUTH ABOUT INDIAN CLAIMS AT ALL POSSIBLE FORA.

My friend I live in Kashmir and my mind is clear about the happenings here. it is u who still is groping in the darkness of lies. Take my advice. Sit back And visualise urself in Kashmir(Since u may not feel secure in coming here ) and then write back.
That is the day I said to myself enough is enough.
Back to top Go down
~T

Leadership Crisis Empty
PostSubject: @Jehangir   Leadership Crisis Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 1:43 am

That is really sad. Of course, such senseless crime has no place in a civilized society. the AFSPA must be repealed, the men who have killed innocents must be punished. all the paramilitary forces and the surplus army personnel should be pulled back.
Back to top Go down
hated-in
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Leadership Crisis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leadership Crisis   Leadership Crisis Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 11:53 am

~T wrote:

That is really sad. Of course, such senseless crime has no place in a civilized society.

When Kashmiri separatists took up arms in 1989 started indulging in terrorist acts and ethnic clensing. Kashmir Valley ceased to be a civilized society. When Kashmir Valley returns to being a civilized society the all law enforcement agencies will withdraw just like in pre-1989 times.
Back to top Go down
peace
Leading Member
Leading Member
peace

Leadership Crisis Empty
PostSubject: @all   Leadership Crisis Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 1:01 am

there are number of people in kashmir who have faced even worse incidents than what jehangir met with...people of kashmir are not fools who come on to the streets without caring for there lives to achieve something which has become dearer to them than anything else before and that is there rights...
people have suffered a lot and are continuing to suffer for no faults of there's..people call kashmiris as seperatists,fundamuntalists,extremists without even knowing what it means..people write here without even realizing what kashmiris might be going through..each day some person is being killed somewhere in kashmir..each day scores of persons in kashmir are denied there basic human rights..any person would react i think much more voilently than kashmiris when he is treated like a livestock...when u write about "seperatists" has anyone ever thought that wasnt then gandhi or nehru a seperatists...but why were they freedom fighters and kashmiris as terrosists..why is bhagat singh or subhash chandra bose hailed and kashmiris being victimized...
...let us face the hard facts
Back to top Go down
shibli

Leadership Crisis Empty
PostSubject: qazi yasir   Leadership Crisis Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 6:19 pm

Qazi yasir has is emerging as the ultimate leader of kashmir... i think he is the only one who is dedicated towards the movement....
Back to top Go down
Shibli

Leadership Crisis Empty
PostSubject: Leadership crisis   Leadership Crisis Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 8:23 pm

We need young leaders like Qazi yasir and shakeel bakshi to lead the movement
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Leadership Crisis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leadership Crisis   Leadership Crisis Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Leadership Crisis
Page 1 of 1